Lesenswerte Analysen, Hintergrundberichte und interessante News:
- Thread: The Angry Birds platform? “Instead, why not release the design tools they use to create Angry Birds scenarios, and open a store of their own. Let creativity rule. Even if the scenarios were just ripoffs of the ones done by Rovio designers, so what. Let’s see what people come up with.”
- Everything You Need To Know About The Startup Ecosystem In Russia And Eastern Europe Informativ.
- Tipping Point? We’re Watching More Web Video on TVs Than on PCs. “NPD says 45 percent of consumers report that TV is now their primary Web video screen, up from 33 percent last year. It basically swapped places with the PC, which used to account for 48 percent of viewing but now represents 31 percent.”
- Ubuntu 12.10 Amazon Shopping Results to be Made Optional
- Rest In Peace, Charles Alfred Eldon: A Pioneer Of Silicon Valley, A Role Model For This New Generation | TechCrunch “Which comes back to what Silicon Valley, and the countless thousands of people like Kupu, have helped to make. It’s not just the location, but the idea. You can be anyone, even a bunch of no-name nerds in a farming area on the wrong coast of a second-tier country in a global Depression, and you can build technology companies (HP and Fairchild Semiconductor, Intel) that make the world a better place, and breed new companies (Apple, Google, Facebook) that themselves push humanity forward.”
- Neil Young reveals Pono music player, promises ‘the best sound anyone can get’
- Does Apple have a Scott Forstall problem? – Fortune Tech Nach allem, was man liest und hört: Ja.
- EU working group produces the stupidest set of proposed Internet rules in the entire history of the human race – Boing Boing “Social media companies must allow only real pictures of users.” Oh Mann.
- Apple – A letter from Tim Cook on Maps “While we’re improving Maps, you can try alternatives by downloading map apps from the App Store like Bing, MapQuest and Waze, or use Google or Nokia maps by going to their websites and creating an icon on your home screen to their web app.”
Direkte Konkurrenten erwähnen und empfehlen, nachdem man es selbst verbockt hat. Wie viele Unternehmen machen das? (Und: Die Reaktion von Apple sagt viel über das Verständnis von der Bedeutung von iOS bei Apple aus. Das kann man gar nicht überschätzen.)
- Kollateralschäden durch eine falsche Urheberrechtsgesetzgebung
- Take A Look At Ubuntu’s New Sync Menu | OMG! Ubuntu! “Ubuntu One is supported by default, though Dropbox and podcast downloaders are also mentioned in the design spec for the indicator.”
- The FeedBurner Deathwatch Continues: Google Kills AdSense For Feeds – TechCrunch
Weitere Linktipps zu lesenswerten Artikeln.
Original und Kommentare auf neunetz.com http://bit.ly/UBxJtZ